CHILL 2021-22 FEE'S ANNOUNCEMENT
We will be reducing the fees for 2021/2022 and are currently reviewing the cost per athlete and will provide an update to the members no later than Sunday evening by 11 pm. Please hold off on sending any E-Transfers - those who have already sent E-Transfers will be refunded. Thank you for your patience and understanding!
2021-2022 Northern Chill Volleyball Tryout Package
This document is being provided with a hope to give clarity and instructions for the tryout process this year. With these challenging circumstances we are still aiming to provide the best possible experience to athletes participating.
ALL coaches and athletes participating in this year’s tryouts must be registered in MRS prior to arrival. Those not registered will not be able to participate. This is mandated by the OVA (Ontario Volleyball Association). Reminder we are considered Region 2.
Tryout schedule is also attached so you may find your child’s corresponding age to attend the appropriate time slot. This is also posted on our club website calendar.
Depending on how many athletes register for tryouts we may split into 2 tryout groups - you will be contacted if this is the case. A third tryout date may be added. Please ensure to fully complete registration minimum 48 hours prior to the first posted tryout
Please follow all COVID-19 guidelines.
Thank you! - Northern Chill Volleyball Club
Jason Evans - President - email@example.com
James Schweyer - Technical Director - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tess Peterson - Director of Admin & Media - email@example.com
Louise Chabot - Director of Operations - firstname.lastname@example.org
Francine Banks - Treasurer - email@example.com
BASEBALL ACADEMY GUIDELINES & INSTRUCTIONS Please adhere to this procedure at the Baseball Academy to ensure all guidelines set out in Public Health and the OVA are being followed. There are no change rooms for use. Please arrive in tryout attire and carry in your indoor shoes.
Arriving at the Baseball Academy
● Face mask required as is use of sanitizer upon entrance to the building.
● The Baseball Academy completes they’re own Covid-19 screening (includes taking the temperature of the athlete and documenting a telephone number for contact tracing). Everyone who enters the building must have completed the pre-screening prior to arrival - we ask that only athletes trying out enter the building as space and capacity is limited (exception for 12-15u athletes).
● Please maintain social distance as we work through the registration process. Athletes may arrive no earlier than 15 minutes prior to their scheduled tryout time
● Athletes will be assigned a tryout number upon registration. PLEASE BRING A LEGIBLE MARKER TO WRITE YOUR TRYOUT NUMBER ON YOUR LEG. We will not have markers shared due to Covid-19.
● Parents are not permitted to watch tryouts. Once your child is confirmed registered and has entered the Gym area parents are requested to exit the building through the main entrance. Please arrive 10 minutes prior (remain outside) to the end of tryout time for pick up so children may be picked up quickly.
● This will be the process used every day during the tryouts.
2021-2022 Coaching Lineup!
We're still looking to fill some more coaching assignments so if you are interested in coaching please fill out this form https://forms.gle/83iQmRdV1cakWsPXA or connect with the Technical Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
2021 AGM Agenda
August 24th, 2021
Save the date!
Chill tryouts will be taking place from September 15th to 26th. Further information to follow. If you are interested in trying out please fill this short form:
2021 Constitution Amendments
Please see below submitted Constitution Amendments for the 2021 AGM:
Link to the current NCVC Constitution: https://www.chillvolleyball.club/constitution.html
August 10th, 2021
With our teams growing every year we're always looking to add more amazing coaches to our leadership roster. Come coach with us!
We're always looking for CIT's (coaches in training), assistant coaches, and head coaches!
If you're interested in coaching this season please fill out the form below:
*Returning coaches: Connect with the Technical Director email@example.com*
Open Board Positions!
OPEN BOARD POSITIONS ANNOUNCEMENT
The Treasurer and Director of Operations - Job Descriptions here: https://www.chillvolleyball.club/role-descriptions.html are now open for nominations! Nominations here: https://forms.gle/zrh6qkZf2ms7Ew9p8
All Nominations will be reviewed and voted on at the AGM on August 30th, 2021
We would like to thank both Carrie Welsh (Director of Operations) and Ginnette LeClair (Treasurer) for their dedication to the club and members!
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING ANNOUNCEMENT
The Board of Directors has released the ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING date of Monday, August 30th 2021.
*Agenda will be released at a later date*
The meeting will be held at the Baseball Academy 1010 Lorne St, Sudbury, ON P3C 4S6 (right side of building).
With the option of online attendance, online meeting information to be released at a later date.
If any members wish to submit any amendments to the current constitution - which can be found here: https://www.chillvolleyball.club/constitution.html. The board welcomes you to by submitting your amendments here: https://forms.gle/GyKUBcbBwxmWoom3A
*Please note that all amendments must be submitted by Monday, August 9th 2021*
We would like to congratulate these NCVC players on winning the OVA Award of Excellence!
These athletes are being recognized for the following accomplishments:
- Dedication to the sport of volleyball
- Perseverance and commitment
- Sportsmanship and fair play, team spirit, and/or leadership
- Performance and/or most improved
We will be doing individual features on each winning athlete so once you receive your medals please send us a selfie sporting your OVA Award of Excellence. Stay safe and we can't wait to see everyone on the court next season!